(3 July 1924 – 22 August 2016)
This is similar to SI-AP Project NATIONAL (Click here for detail)
- * Singapore’s humid weather.. is a problem.. the feel of their guitars was “off”…
- * … distortion was caused by the acoustic instrument’s wooden body absorbing moisture in the atmosphere.
- * When a guitar absorbs moisture, it causes the wood to expand slightly, raising the distance between the strings and the fretboard.
- * Singapore IPOS has been appointed as an International Searching Authority (ISA), and International Preliminary Examining Authority (IPEA) under the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT).
- * PCT applications can only be conducted by appointed International Authorities known as ISA and IPEA.
- * There are currently 17 IP offices across the world being appointed to act as ISA and IPEA.
- * … IPOS.. examiner pool, 95 percent of whom are PhD holders.
- * … IPOS.. ability of its examiners to conduct searches in English as well as Chinese.
- *…travellers.. you stumple into your hotel room.. only power points in the room are in strangely inaccessible locations…
- * …Chia Eng Kiat.. latest invention, the USB Traveller Plug, will come in handy…
- * “It took us more than a year to develop it…” .. by his company Tredan Connections.
- * …what sets his USB Traveller Plug apart from similar devices in the market are it portability and easy storage…
- * …Singapore Gifts Show.. received more than 20,000 orders for the first round of production.
- * …plans to sell.. retail price of $35.
- * …already registered patents in both Singapore and China…