* … new low-cost single-board computer on the block designed to give the million-selling Raspberry Pi a run for its money.
Notice is hereby given that the SIDA Meeting to be held on Saturday, 1 Jun 2013, from 2.00 pm Venue: Mr Tan’s Office.
The agenda items are:
* Re-appointment of SIDA consultant (10min)
* SIAP#8: Project SA PROBE (1hr)
* SIAP#4: Project CABLE (1hr)
* SIAP#3: Project DRAINAGE(1hr)
* SIAP#7: Project PHONE (30min)
* Invention Gosip (30min)
Total duration expected ~ 4 hours.
* For Sida members who are interested to join in the meeting, please drop me a message at http://sida.org.sg/contact-us/
* The meeting tweeter log for this meeting is found at http://sida.org.sg/2013/06/14/meeting-tweeter-log-for-sida-meeting-on-1-jun-2013/
The latest issue of the WIPO Magazine (2/2013) is now available online.
In this issue:
* 3-D printing and the future of stuff
* Bridging the IP knowledge gap in developing countries
* Spain’s new design generation: an interview with Juli Capella
* Protecting broadcasters in the digital era
* Sport and broadcasting rights: adding value
- * … EyeFly 3D, can make images on non-3-D smartphones “leap” from their screens, without users having to wear special 3-D glasses.
- * … 500,000 nano-sized lens structures embedded…
- * Each lens structure is 1,000 times smaller than the width of a strand of hair.
- * … developed by Temasek Polytechnic and the Institute of Materials Research and Engineering.
- * Home-grown start-up Nanoveu is marketing EyeFly 3D.
- * … USS$34.95 (S$43) for the iPhone 5 and fifth-generation iPod touch, and will ship from April 27.
- * A new financing scheme… for local companies to use their intellectual property (IP) as collateral when applying for bank loans.
- * …Government will partially underwrite the value of patents so banks will not be made to bear all the risk if firms cannot repay the loan.
- * …aimed at encouraging banks to recognise IP as an asset…