Notice is hereby given that the SIDA Meeting to be held on Saturday, 16 Feb 2013, from 2.00 pm Venue: Mr Tan’s Office.
* Patent chat#3 will be based on IPOS Patent Agent Qualifying Exam 2011, Paper B (See attached below)
* For Sida members who are interested to join in the meeting, please drop me a message at http://sida.org.sg/contact-us/
* The above tweeter log for this meeting is available at http://sida.org.sg/2013/02/26/meeting-tweeter-log-for-sida-meeting-on-16-feb-2013/
- “The goal is to provide flooding protection for transportation tunnels.”
- …rather than retrofitting tunnels with metal floodgates or other expensive structures, use a relatively cheap inflatable plug to hold back floodwater.
- So it’s not as simple as just inflating and filling the space. The plug has to be able to withstand the pressure of the water behind it.
- …creating a folding seat that would open only if someone in need, such as an elderly person, flashed an ez-link card at a sensor.
- …worked using a mechanism operated by magnets that kept it in an upward “locked” position. Senior citizens can unlock it by tapping their card against a reader. This allows the seat to be pulled down from its folding position. Then, when the commuter gets up, it automatically springs back upright and is locked again.
- …designed special aluminium frames that transform into tables when fitted with a modified food tray. Without the trays, dinners will not have tables to eat at.
- …the concept is similar to the way supermarket trolleys are used. To remove a tray from the rack, diners will have to insert a $1 coin into a slot at the bottom of each tray.
Above is the meeting tweeter log for SIDA meeting held on 29 Dec 2012