- Scientists from Nanyang Technological University (NTU) have developed a new toilet system that converts human waste to electricity and fertiliser.
Note: The meeting tweeter for this meeting will be published from 15 July 2012 onward.
Notice is hereby given that the SIDA Meeting will be held on Saturday, 7 July 2012 from 2.00 pm.
The agenda items are:
* SIDA 2012 Annual return submission (10 min).
* Monitoring of SIDA financial account using DBS “IDEAL” online system (Enquiry only) (15 min).
* NP Bootcamp (15 min)
* Brain Stretching Part 1 (30 min)
* SIAP#2: Project “Meeting” (1 hr)
* Break (15 min)
* SIAP#3: Project “Drainage” (1 hr)
* Brain Stretching Part 2 (30 min)
* Invention Gossip (30 min)
This is a SIDA Call To Invention under our SIAP (SIDA Inventor Assistance Programme).
SIDA members who are interested to take part in this project may contact us at http://www.sida.org.sg/contact-us/
- Van Anz ordered a 2hp motor from a Chinese manufacturer and rigged it up to a regular bike frame.
- The first time Van Anz took it out in public, a stranger at a Los Angeles eatery offered to buy it for $5,000 in cash.
- …now sells 400 bikes a year to the likes of Ashton Kutcher, Robert Downey Jr. and Robin Williams.
- Starting at $3,000, prices for custom-painted models can run as high as $10,000.
- …top speed of 35mph and fuel economy from 150mpg to 180mpg