Haptic technology for touch screen devices ?
- Haptic technology allows users to “feel” buttons on a touch-screen device by providing localized feedback when users’ fingers touch button or control areas.
- A new patent application, uncovered by Patently Apple, shows that Apple is taking its haptic inquiry a step further.
- This multitiered haptic system would allow for an even smoother user experience, especially for users who are visually impaired.
- …ability to flex and bend to the point of creating multilevel topographical maps, a series of buttons, or a control pad for gaming or navigation.
- Clearly this technology is incredibly advanced and is unlikely to make its way to an Apple device in the next couple years…