Article taken from Today (http://www.todayonline.com) on 16 Jan 2012
- IBM, the worlds biggest computer-services provider, gained 6,180 patents last year
- Samsung Electronics Co. (005930) was second, its growth outpacing IBM, and Canon Inc. replaced Microsoft as third.Panasonic Corp. (6752) moved up to No. 4 and Toshiba Corp. (6502)advanced to fifth spot.
- Samsung, based in Suwon, South Korea, gained 4,894 patents last year, while Canon won 2,821. Microsoft dropped to sixth place in the rankings, while Intel fell to 16th from eighth.
- There were eight Asian and two U.S. companies in the top 10.
Notice is hereby given that the SIDA Annual General Meeting will be held on Saturday, 28 Jan 2012 from 2.00 pm.
The agenda items are:
1) To receive the Presidents Report.
2) To receive the Hon. Treasurer Report.
3) To elect office bearers for the ensuing term.
4) Solution to Orchard road flooding (ponding) problem
5) To transact other business for which notice has been received by the Hon. Secretary at least three days before the date of meeting.
With best regards,
PS: For Sida members who are interested to join in the meeting, please drop me a message at http://sida.org.sg/contact-us/