- Researchers and students have come up with a stackable fish farm that is among the first such in the world.
- The method uses 1 sq m, connected cubes filled with water to rear fish on land….
- The cubes can be stacked up to four levels….
- ….now produces up to eight tonnes of fish a year, but this can be ramped up to 36 tonnes…..
- A 3D printer is being used to create “bone-like” material which researchers claim can be used to repair injuries.
- The researchers say doctors should be able to use the process to custom-order replacement bone tissue in a few years time.
- Their breakthrough came when they discovered a way to double the strength of the main ceramic powder – calcium phosphate – by adding silica and zinc oxide.