The WIPO Magazine 4/2010 (August) issue
is now available on the WIPO website.
This WIPO Magazine focuses on:
- Goal-Line Technology Getting it Right a close-up of technologies that can support referees in officiating matches.
- A Tribute to the Man behind the Swatch Mr. Nicolas G. Hayek.
- Rwanda Transforms its IP Landscape – how the countrys new IP law is building support for intellectual property to advance national development goals.
Also in this issue:
- Fostering Future Inventors in Japan a behind-the scenes at an innovative IP outreach initiative for students.
- Water from Air A Life-Changing Innovation Marc Parent explains how his pioneering technology harvests water from the air using wind power.
- Africa University First Group of IP Graduates awarded Masters degrees.
- What place for customary law in protecting traditional knowledge? Challenges and opportunities.
- Highlights – Developments in the field of trademarks and designs, access to medicines and protection of traditional cultural expressions (TCEs).
WIPO Magazine is published bimonthly by the World Intellectual Property Organization, a specialized agency of the United Nations.