- * Singapore’s humid weather.. is a problem.. the feel of their guitars was “off”…
- * … distortion was caused by the acoustic instrument’s wooden body absorbing moisture in the atmosphere.
- * When a guitar absorbs moisture, it causes the wood to expand slightly, raising the distance between the strings and the fretboard.
- * Singapore IPOS has been appointed as an International Searching Authority (ISA), and International Preliminary Examining Authority (IPEA) under the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT).
- * PCT applications can only be conducted by appointed International Authorities known as ISA and IPEA.
- * There are currently 17 IP offices across the world being appointed to act as ISA and IPEA.
- * … IPOS.. examiner pool, 95 percent of whom are PhD holders.
- * … IPOS.. ability of its examiners to conduct searches in English as well as Chinese.
This fall/winter, Korea Invention News (KINEWS) holds 3 international awarding events in Seoul, Korea. http://www.kinews.org/
- * 5th Korea Cyber International Genius Inventor Fair, CIGIF 2014
Award Ceremony: November 22nd in Seoul, Korea
40 Countries were in Participation Previous Year
- * 3rd Korea Inventor Award Festival, 2014 KIAF
Award Ceremony: December 6th in Seoul, Korea
30 Countries were in Participation Previous
- * 3rd World Inventor Award Festival, 2014 WIAF
Award Ceremony: December 13th in Seoul, Korea
55 Countries were in Participation Previous Year
Notice is hereby given that the next SIDA Meeting will be held on Saturday, 11 Oct 2014, from 2.00 pm Venue: Mr Tan’s Office.
The agenda items will be:
* Brain Stretching #004 (15min)
* SIDA domain name renewal (15min)
* SIDA registered address change (15min)
* SIDA website going audio (15min)
* Project MH370 (1hr)
* Break (15min)
* Project LAPTOP (1hr)
* Project NATIONAL (1 hr)
* Invention Gossip (15min)
Total duration (~ 4 hrs)
* For Sida members who are interested to join in the meeting, please drop me a message at http://sida.org.sg/contact-us/
Below is the tweeter log for this meeting.
- * …can sometimes be difficult for travellers to weight their luggage accurately at home before reaching the airport.
- * …engineering students from Nanyang Technological University (NTU) has come up with a possible solution…
- * Called the personal luggage scale (PLS).. built-in electronic scale…
- * …integrated into the luggage…
- * The team is thinking of filing for a possible patent for the PLS…
- *…travellers.. you stumple into your hotel room.. only power points in the room are in strangely inaccessible locations…
- * …Chia Eng Kiat.. latest invention, the USB Traveller Plug, will come in handy…
- * “It took us more than a year to develop it…” .. by his company Tredan Connections.
- * …what sets his USB Traveller Plug apart from similar devices in the market are it portability and easy storage…
- * …Singapore Gifts Show.. received more than 20,000 orders for the first round of production.
- * …plans to sell.. retail price of $35.
- * …already registered patents in both Singapore and China…
- * A tattoo that produces power from persiration…
- * …could soon power heart monitors, digital watches and eventually even smartphones…